Average Bar Band is a soulful and grooving rock/pop/R&B/reggae cover band.
Our members have played with Gloria Estefan, Norah Jones, Lauryn Hill, The Teenagers („Why Do Fools Fall In Love“), and The Chiffons („He‘s So Fine“), among many others. The bass player has done gigs with some of the greatest drummers who ever lived, including Rodney Holmes (who played on Santana’s Smooth), Zach Danziger (from Wayne Krantz’s band), Danny Sadownick (from Steely Dan’s Two Against Nature), Eric Kalb (From Charlie Hunter, John Scofield and The Dap Kings), and two songs with Dennis Davis (from Stevie Wonder’s Master Blaster) and six songs with the legendary Steve Gadd. One sub guitarist had a showcase for Clive Davis that was set up by Gavin DeGraw. Another sub guitarist played on Broadway for Rocky, and another played on Broadway for American Idiot.
- We love to play and sing, and audiences respond very positively to our love of music.
- We are available for parties, weddings and any other events as well as bars and clubs.
- We‘re happy to learn new tunes that you pick for us!
- We sound great as a two, three, four or five piece band, and we can play the same repertoire with acoustic guitars and hand percussion instead of drum kit. This is for a lower volume and to create a more intimate ambiance.
- We can also provide solo piano, duo, or trio, to play bossa novas and jazz standards.
- The clients who wrote testimonials have all given permission to be contacted for verification.
The Band:Jimmy Greenwood – bass and vocals
Jerome Morris – keyboard, vocals and percussion,
Eamon Ellams – drums, percussion and philosophy
And our great subs:Dave Kellan – guitar, harmonica and vocals. (Click HERE for his website)
Ernie Fortunato – guitar and vocals
Tyler Land – drums and vocals